Ever wonder where the good ole days went? The days when you could make a joke, use the word gay or queer or even criticize the President without fear of backlash from some politically correct group twitching to correct all the wrongs ever done? I do.
Now, I realize that this may piss some people off and…oh well. Here’s the truth folks, “Queer as Folk” and “Queer eye for the Straight Guy” would have lost it’s appeal without their respected titles. The politically correct and not to offend anyone title should have been “The Alternative Lifestyle People.” Really? BORING!
Okay, I’ll vent something else. Jason Alexander said the word gay as in that’s so gay and he got SHIT for it. Jason Alexander! From my understanding he’s always been very supportive of the GLBT community but the GLBT gurus had to give him shit. Really? The word “gay” was around and used way before we coined it back in the 1930’s. Have we forgotten that?
gay (Webster's Dictionary)
1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant. Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative.
I am so tired of hearing people calling other people racist because they don’t like or approve what the President has done. Well, hold onto your pants for this one, I DON’T LIKE NOR APPROVE OF THE PRESIDENT and it has nothing to do with his skin color. It has everything to do with what I feel he’s done these past 4 years…nothing! Nothing good anyway. If he had done nothing we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in now.
Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history. Over 27 times as fast.
Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH
and a car rockets past you in the left lane 27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 MPH!
(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration;
(2) Wall Street Journal;
(3) Bureau of Labor Statistics;
(4) Census Bureau;
(6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;
(8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller;
(10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ;
(11) The Conference Board;
(13) Federal Reserve;
(14) U.S. Treasury
So, you see, when he (the President) said he believes gays have the right to marry, I didn’t get excited. Why? Because he only spoke his opinion. He didn’t say he was going to bat for us. Nope. The only thing he did was say how he felt then he let everyone else draw their own conclusions. And our community did exactly that!
People need to stop being so damn sensitive and get a grip! Opinions are just that, opinions. People use words all the fucking time and it doesn’t mean they are talking about you, putting you down, or demoralizing you. Gay is gay. Queer is queer and the President sucks! Oh yeah, and I’m a DYKE! That’s life!